Sunday, February 21, 2016

Sunday Morning Bonus Pulp: Thrilling Adventures, January 1934


The Thrilling Group's Western pulps featured many covers with knives stuck into things, and here's that motif over on the company's general adventure pulp. And a reasonably thrilling cover it is, too. The lead novel, "Claws of the Red Dragon", was published under the house-name Jackson Cole, so there's no telling who wrote it, but I like the title quite a bit. Other authors with stories in this issue are Ray Nafziger (with a title like "Outlaws All", it's probably a Western, some of which made their way into THRILLING ADVENTURES), Arthur J. Burks, Allan K. Echols, Victor Rousseau, and Wayne Rogers. This looks like a really fun issue to me. I'd snatch it up and read it if I ever had the chance, I can tell you that.

No comments: