Monday, December 28, 2009

Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian

I know the critics don't like these movies, but the humor in them is so bizarre and over-the-top, and there are so many movie trivia in-jokes (watch for Clint Howard in a cameo role), that I find them pretty funny. But the best part of this one is Amy Adams as Amelia Earhart. Dressed in an aviator's outfit and spouting goofy Thirties slang almost like a female version of Dan Turner, she's really swell and definitely easy on the optics.

3 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I find tracking Clint Howard's odd career (remember the Seinfeld episode) is worthy on its own.

beb said...

We really like the first Night movie and enjoyed the second well enough. I actually missed the interactions between the father and his son in the second movie. But, yeah, the actress playing Amelia Earhart was easy on the eyes.

Evan Lewis said...

You had me at Dan Turner, James.