Thursday, January 17, 2008

Good Intentions

Didn’t take me long to fall by the wayside, did it? My intention was to post a lot more this year, including more posts about writing, yet here I am letting days go by without updating the blog. However, I’ve been covered up with car repair problems this week, plus I’ve been getting quite a bit of writing done, too. I got on a good run late last week and over the weekend and on Monday finished the book I’d been working on. Usually I’ll take at least one day off between books, but this time circumstances dictated that I start right up on the next one Tuesday, so that’s what I did. After three days on it I’m very pleased with the way it’s going. I’ve got what I think is a good outline on this one, so with luck it will go smoothly. And I hope I haven’t jinxed it by saying that.

I’m also still reading stories from the BIG BOOK OF PULPS, as well as a few other things I’ll probably comment on in time.

I was very sorry to hear today that Ed Hoch has passed away. I never met him in person and corresponded with him only sporadically, but he struck me as a very nice guy. And he was a wonderful writer, no doubt about that. I recall reading some of his Captain Leopold stories in THE SAINT MYSTERY MAGAZINE, ’way back in the Sixties before he began his amazing run of appearing in every issue of EQMM for more than three decades. He’ll certainly be missed.

No comments: