Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Harry Potter

Last night we watched the third Harry Potter movie, HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN, on DVD. I read the first two Potter books and enjoyed them quite a bit, but for some reason I never read the others. Maybe I should have. Or maybe I was just sleepy. But I got totally lost and wound up not knowing what happened in the movie. All I know is they ran around some and a bunch of magic stuff happened. I guess I'm going to have to read the book if I want to figure it all out.

It'll have to wait, though, because I'm back to reading Spur entries. I'll get back to my Mountie anthology later. I liked the Roger Daniels story I mentioned in yesterday's post, but the ending of it seemed awfully rushed, as if he was trying to cram a novel's worth of story into a novella. Still, it was good enough that I'll read more of his work if I run across it.

I finished going over that manuscript today, and tomorrow, like it had wings, off it goes to New York.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

James! You are a writing machine! I'm still trying to find a frigging plot for my next book and you have already completed another one and are on to the next! My awe at your ability and work ethic knows no bounds.

Terrill

P.S. - I see from your next post that you have somehow stumbled upon my first book. I fear for us both my friend.

James Reasoner said...

Well, I don't normally write as much or as fast as I have this year. I was lucky enough to be offered quite a few contracts and greedy enough to say yes to all of them. But this will be my most productive year in well over a decade and maybe my most productive ever if December goes well.

I sure wouldn't want to keep this pace up year in and year out, though, as some writers do.