Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Hardluck Stories/Western Noir

The new issue of Hardluck Stories, Dave Zeltserman's fine on-line magazine, is now available. This is the Western Noir issue and features stories by guest editor Ed Gorman, Bill Crider, Norman Partridge, Jon Breen, Harry Shannon, Trey R. Barker, T.L. Wolf, Jeremiah Healy, Bentley Little, Steve Hockensmith, Jerry Raine, Jan Christiansen, Terry Tanner, and me. My story, for those of you who have read some of my short fiction in the past, is another yarn about Captain Rip Ford and the Old Company of the Texas Rangers, set in Texas in the 1850s. This is a fact-based series for the most part, but I've taken considerable liberties with history in this one, which is called "The Conversion of Carne Muerto". I'll be reading the rest of the stories later today and am looking forward to them very much.

1 comment:

JJ Stickney said...

Terrific issue, enjoyed your story.