Sunday, August 13, 2006

Another Milestone

Yesterday our daughter Shayna graduated from college with a degree in biochemistry. Don't ask me where she got enough science knowledge to do that, because it sure wasn't from me. Mr. Wizard I ain't. And while she's not actually through -- she's going back for more classes next spring -- it's good to have that first big step behind her.

What I'm really thinking about, though, is the time I took her to her first day of pre-school. That was just a year or two ago, wasn't it? Surely it was . . . surely . . .

6 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

How true. When I took my little one to preschool on the first day I realized it was her first step away from home, even though the journey would be a long one. I got a little choked up about it.

Juri said...

Congrats to the proud dad!

I'm taking my daughter to school tomorrow! It was just two or three months ago when she was just four years old and now she's in school!

Unknown said...

I thought it was just two or three weeks ago that she was born! Time sure does have a way of slipping by.

Carl V. Anderson said...

Congrats to her, that's fantastic!

Mark Terry said...

Ah biochemistry. In my misspent college years I got a degree in microbiology, which required that I take a full year of senior-level biochemistry. I always liked it, even if my grades didn't necessarily reflect that.

Which might explain why I'm now a freelance writer and novelist.

James Reasoner said...

I majored in English and minored in Radio-TV-Film. I was going to write and direct movies. That hasn't worked out . . . yet.