Monday, July 03, 2006

Two Milestones

Today is the second anniversary of this blog. According to Blogger, this is also my 600th post. (I'll take their word for it; no way I'm going back to count all of them.) It was just luck that it worked out that way, I didn't plan it. I hope those of you who read the blog get a chuckle out of it every now and then, or hear about a book you'd like to read or a movie you'd like to see.

I went back to read that first post and discovered that I had just completed book #165 the day before. I didn't remember that. The one I finished about a week ago was #191, so that's 26 books in two years. I'll take that any time.

Also on the day I started the blog, our dwarf goat Sugarfoot passed away. Since then we've lost another goat, Miss Kitty, but ol' Festus is still around. You can certainly tell what we used as inspiration in coming up with names for them. We also had goats named Gabby and Lullaby, after two of the best Western movie sidekicks, and Belle Starr, who unfortunately had health problems from the start and didn't live long.

I don't know how many books I've read or movies I've watched in the past two years. A lot, though. If you get the idea that all I do is sit around and write and read books and watch movies . . . well, that's pretty much right.

5 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

Congrats on the two milestones, James. As a faithful reader of this blog I can say that you've kept me entertained--or at worst distracted--the entire time. Long may ye wave.

Unknown said...

Twenty-six books in two years, and you watch movies, read books, and blog besides. I'd say that's not a bad record. Keep on truckin', James!

Charles Gramlich said...

Does your goat Festus go around saying things like: "I'll get on you like ugly on an ape?" and "I feel lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut?" Ah, brings back memories.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!

Carl V. Anderson said...

Congrats on both milestones and happy anniversary! I'm still fairly new to your blog but I enjoy checking it out daily. I've gotten some great pulp recommendations and have found a kindred spirit in all things Robert E. Howard. Keep up the good work!