Sunday, July 31, 2005

More About Hendryx; A Challenge?

Since I mentioned James B. Hendryx earlier today, it occurred to me that I ought to point out there's an excellent website devoted to him at:

http://www.halfadaycreek.com/

I've had his novel THE GUN BRAND sitting in one of my various TBR piles for quite some time now, and I need to get to it. It's his second book and from what I've heard somewhat atypical, in that it's a traditional Western rather than a Northern, but that's all right.

My own work on the book I started the other day has gone slowly, but it's picked up the past couple of days. I'm up to 45 pages, which in this case equals two chapters. (The chapters in this series are longer than what I normally write.) Bill Crider says I'll be finished with it by August 10. I'm leaning toward taking that as a challenge. We'll see how it goes the next few days. If it's not well, I can always conveniently forget about that challenge stuff.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I knew it would be like this. You have 45 pages, and I have four. Sigh.

Cap'n Bob said...

But Bill, those are four perfect pages.