Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Everybody Talks About the Weather . . .

Including me. It’s been a mild spring in this part of Texas, unseasonably cool a lot of the time and not many storms. However, this morning it was hot enough, and humid enough, by ten o’clock so that we knew it was time to clean up the ol’ air conditioners and turn them on. It’s common to have to start using the AC during May, but some years we’ve had to turn them on in April. When I was a kid, heat didn’t bother me much. I remember playing football in the middle of summer when the temperature was well over 100 degrees. The older I get, the less I like the heat, though.

I wrote 20 pages today and was fairly well satisfied. I’m sure I’ll get tired of noting my page counts on here and will stop eventually, as I did before, but for now, I’m regarding blogging as a motivational tool. I don’t want to have to put down an unsatisfactory total. Fantasy author Holly Lisle keeps track of her daily word count on her
blog. I considered doing that, but I’ve thought in terms of pages for so many years now that anything else doesn’t seem right. (Holly Lisle is a pretty good writer, by the way. I’m especially fond of her novel MINERVA WAKES.)

I started watching the serial ACE DRUMMOND last night, but the print from which the DVD was made was so bad I stopped halfway through the first chapter. I’m thinking that I ought to take a break from serials, anyway. I have a bunch of those Dollar Tree DVDs with episodes of old TV shows on them that I need to watch, so I’ll probably switch over to those.

Still reading THE PRINCE OF BEVERLY HILLS and still enjoying it.

2 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't abide hot weather. I lived my boyhood in Virginia, teen years in New York, did my Army time in Georgia, Kentucky, and Nam, and then lived in California before moving to Washington State. All of those places were hot and I never minded the weather. Now, however, if it climbs above 75 degrees I'm ready for a ice bath. I don't know what happened, but I've become a real weather wimp.

Cap'n Bob said...

I meant to type "an ice bath." My fingers sure make my brain look dumb.