Wednesday, November 17, 2004

On, You Huskies!

Like Bill Crider, I'm addicted to the cheap DVDs at Dollar Tree and Wal-Mart. One that I picked up a while back at Dollar Tree has three episodes of the old TV series SERGEANT PRESTON OF THE YUKON on it. Since the book I'm writing has a Mountie in it, I thought it would be appropriate to watch an episode of SERGEANT PRESTON. Call it research. Yeah, that's it, research. Hard to believe that in 170 books this is the first one to feature a Mountie, but as far as I can remember that's the case.

Anyway, I was surprised to find that the show was in color. Not very good color, mind you, but still . . . The story was set in a ghost town, and as anyone who has ever watched a B-movie or read a pulp story knows, the buildings in ghost towns are always full of hidden passages and secret hideouts. This episode was no disappointment. Sergeant Preston got to the bottom of the mystery and caught the villains, with the help of his wonder dog, Yukon King. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Less enjoyable has been the weather around here. We haven't seen the sun for about a week now, and I'm tired of the constant gloom and drizzle. I honestly think it's slowed down my production. With the rain not supposed to break until the weekend, I think I'm going to take an extra lamp out to my studio in an attempt to brighten it up some. I hope that helps.

No comments: