Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Gemmell

Today was spent running errands, including a couple of library visits looking for research books, as well as shopping and trying not to melt in the heat. Hot weather seems to bother me more with each summer that goes by. Must be a sign of getting old. Also stopped at a Half Price Books and bought a few things, including a couple of David Gemmell fantasy novels, IRONHAND'S DAUGHTER and THE HAWK ETERNAL. These are British editions and form a duology called THE HAWK QUEEN. I don't think they've been published in American editions yet, although I could be wrong about that. I have most of Gemmell's books, but I don't think I have these two. He's probably my favorite among current fantasy authors. His first book, LEGEND, is a classic.

Still reading Connolly's THE BLACK ICE.

No comments: